A Rescuer's poem

I am an Animal Rescuer
My job is to assist God's creatures
I was born with the drive to fulfill their needs
I take in helpless, unwanted, homeless creatures without planning or selection
I have bought cat food with my last dime
I have patted a matted and dirty cat with my bare hand
I have hugged someone feral and afraid
I have fallen in love a thousand times
And I have cried into the fur of a lifeless body too many times to count
I have animal friends and friends who have animal friends
I don't often use the word "pet"
I notice those lost at the road side
And my heart aches
I will hand raise a field mouse
And make friends with a vulture
I know of no creature unworthy of my time
I want to live forever if there aren't any animals in Heaven
But I believe there are
Why would God make something so perfect and leave it behind
Some may think we are master of the animals
But the animals have mastered themselves
Something people still haven't learned
War and abuse make me hurt for the world
But a rescue that makes the news gives me hope for mankind
We are a quiet but determined army
And we are making a difference every day
There is nothing more necessary than warming an orphan
Nothing more rewarding than saving a life
No higher recognition than watching them thrive
There is no greater joy than seeing a baby play
who only days ago, was too weak to eat
By the love of those who I've been privileged to rescue
I have been rescued
I know what true unconditional love really is
for I've seen it shining in the eyes of so many
Grateful for so little
I am an Animal Rescuer
My work is never done
My home is never quiet
My wallet is always empty
But my heart is always full
------Author Unknown

some of my zoobabies

some of my zoobabies

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

All is quiet on the feline front and .....


the kitties are enjoying th good weather. Meowmie has been good about opening all the windows and letting the fresh air and sunshine through.

Meowmie has been happy that Cassidy seems to be doing okay. We got more food in last night. Her nice friend brought it over last night cause she knows meowmie is busy taking care of her Mommy and it was raining for the last 2 days or so.

Meowmie can't wait to get outside and run some errands but she is waiting for the cable guy. Really Satelitte guy. We have televisions in almost every room and meowmy's brother was upset that he did not have any reception in his room after Meowmy switched from cable to satellite. Our den, really the kitty playroom, is all clean now. Meowmy does not like it when we pee pee on our toys. But it smells nice downstairs and apart from us running around and making mischief, the den is also ready for a receiver hookup for when Meowmy wants to start spending time in the den again.

Meowmy is also happy that Old Navy had a sale over the weekend so she can buy some new t-shirts. We don't let meowmy trim our claws so she finds all these little holes in her t-shirts. People must think meowmy is very holy. he he he...

Meowmy has another picture she wants to share with you...

purrs and headbutts from the not so little feline zoo <<...>>

No comments: